Back To School

Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Shirt - Bizzare// Skirt - United Colors of Benetton// Earrings - Forever 21
Sunglasses - Karen Walker// Bag - Tory Burch// Socks & Shoes - Thrift


Even after all those years, your heart reminisces your school days like it was only yesterday you were saying bye to all your friends after the 8th period and riding on the school bus back home. When we talk about our childhood, school life is one of the most prominent memories. All those class bunks, heart aches, gossips, fights, school dances and that farewell, will always be among your most cherished moments. Oh, the good old days.

There used to be a time when loose used to be in. Borrowing shirts from your father or wearing your mother's vintage blouses with baggy pants or denims was suppose to be cool. As we grew older, our school skirts became lower while the hems went higher. I still remember coming home from school and begging my grandma to make my skirt another 2 inches shorter. Haha! Yes we all have done that!

In this post I invade the cupboards of the people around me and go back into time. I am wearing my mother's really old white shirt, which she had bought from this brand called Bizarre. Quite a rage it used to be back then. I still remember the huge lines we had to stand in for the trials. Worse than Zara x 10 years back. White shirts over skirts is what us Dipsites wore all  throughout our school lives. Even till date I steal things from my mum's closet and wear them. Good thing about fashion is, it always comes back.

I teamed up the white shirt with a tight, back slit skirt from UCB. Let me tell you this skirt was first worn by me in grade 6. I have no idea how and why I still own it. I matched it with an over sized tote from Tory Burch. Tote bags have always been popular as they are not just stylish but also utility based. You can literally carry your whole world and fit into these bags. Back then they were more popular then your slings or back packs.

I finished the look with white heels and these long, blue and yellow striped socks that actually belong to my boyfriend. Yes he actually is the proud owner of these. You will also find little boats, neons and polka socks hidden somewhere safely inside his cupboard. 
Did not accessorise it much except my favourite pair of loops. Every girl from the 90's have owned atleast one pair and worn it till they actually died. I hope reading this post took you back to your school days too!





















You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Looks cute but I will wear this without the socks :)

    http://corleonka.blogspot.mk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a bright outfit! Good for summer! ))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Avisha and thank you for your visit. I like very much this school's outfit!!! I love watching women's blogs of foreign countries. There are always different and interesting proposals and I always find some good ideas.Have a nice day, kisses from Italy,
    Eni

    Eniwhere Fashion
    Eniwhere Fashion Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lovely twist to the Back to school trend. Those socks add a nice vibe to the look

    Chaicy recently posted.. Pastels OOTD

    ReplyDelete
  5. u look amazing darling, i love your outfit, your socks and bag are gorgeous!!! So Cool!
    visit my new post
    a big kiss
    http://www.sweetbea.it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!

Blog Visits

Like us on Facebook

©Red Velvet Closet. Powered by Blogger.