Skirt Two Ways

Tuesday, August 11, 2015


[Left] Top - Forever 21// Overthrow - Pimkie Germany// Skirt - Forever New//
Watch - Daniel Wellington// Clutch - Betsey Johnson// 
Earrings - H&M// Glasses - Ray Ban// Shoes - Crown Vintage

[Right] Top - H&M// Bracelet - Juicy Couture


Has it ever happened with you that you have way too many events to attend in a single day? Well it happens to me all the time and sometimes it's almost impossible to come back home and get dressed in time for the next one. So a lot of times I carry my changes with me and believe me it is the most annoying thing ever. It's like carrying a mini closet with you everywhere. This blog post is well.. going to change that.

It is very important to pack wisely otherwise either you're gonna mix and match everything wrong or end up packing a lot of things unnecessarily. I tried keeping both the outfits very simple without much fuss. Keeping the main element as the skirt, I paired everything around it. This is a Forever New jacquard skirt that can be worn for the day as well as night because of it's gorgeous colour. I honestly love beige, it goes with everything so well!

During the day, for a media event I wore it with a white crop top and paired it with an overthrow as the crop top is body hugging. These lovely H&M feather earrings also easily match with both the outfits. For the day I also sported my glasses for that nerdy look and wore the elegant Daniel Wellington bristol watch that complemented the overthrow.

Two things that are heaviest to carry are the shoes and the bag, so try keeping them the same instead of matching new ones with the other outfits. Wear comfy shoes that last you the whole day. If you are going for heels, then go for wedges. They look good irrespective of what time of the day it is. The bag I've chosen is actually a Betsey Johnson IPad case bag. During the day I use it to carry my IPad for the meeting and at night I use it as a clutch bag.

For the night, I tried keeping everything the same and just swapped the crop top with a darker top. This wine coloured top is perfect for a ladies night out. Its so delicate with minimal patch work on the shoulders. Just threw in a charms bracelet for a little bling and there it is. A whole new look. All I had to do was carry an additional top and jewellery to change into my night outfit. Let me know if this post helps you pack for the next time you're heading out and can't choose what to pack!
































You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. Amazing combination I love the skirt :)

    http://corleonka.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Avisha! Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog, I would love to follow each other and I am now following you on GFC! I adore your blog and your outfits, your blog name reminds me of one of my favourite cakes of all time! :D xx

    elizabeth | ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | follow for a follow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The print of skirt is amazing.
    I also loved your clutch : so much vibrant <3 <3
    New Post on my blog: http://glitzzngrace.blogspot.com/2015/08/paris-diary-1-paris-never-bad-idea.html
    Much Love: Suprina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice tips.. I am actually doing the same if I hop from one event to another. I usually select a versatile outift that can be worn on any occasion and rely on blazer most of the time on outfit change on a whole day event.

    (◕‿◕✿) EmoteraGoddess.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is genius! And you look beautiful every time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bag is soo beautiful ! xx

    www.aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! Love your outfit.
    Sure dear, let's follow each other
    xoxo
    BLOG // FB PAGE

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved how you paired it with the crop top and a cape. Loving that clutch too and you look fab.

    Style..A Pastiche! - New Post - August Envy Box Review

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! Hope you have a lovely day.

    ** I'm inviting you to join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    xoxo;
    BEAUTYEDITER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love both the styles..that skirt is awesome :)

    Printed Vest

    ReplyDelete
  11. a great image!
    GFC you want to follow and keep in touch ?
    let me know and I follow back!
    http://www.mosaictrends.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely skirt. you look beautiful.
    http://tipsoye.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!

Blog Visits

Like us on Facebook

©Red Velvet Closet. Powered by Blogger.