Detox Water Recipes

Friday, August 07, 2015

How many times have you been scolded by your mom for not drinking enough water? I've lost count. As a kid, I used to fall sick a lot and the major problem was dehydration or stomach infection. We live in a time where our lifestyles are quite demanding and exhausting. Work, party and eat junk. No time to relax or rejuvenate your body and mind. Drinking plenty of water is the answer to most of our health issues and detox drinks have caught the fancy of my diet freaks. Here are a few simple recipes you can try at home and include them in your everyday regime.


BELLY SLIMMING CUCUMBER AND LEMON DETOX WATER



This is a classic spa combination with cucumbers, lemons and mint. I have opted to put basil instead of the mint purely for taste. This drink helps to get rid of ammonia from the liver and kidneys and also improves digestion. Lemon helps you if you're constipated or have gas troubles.

Ingredients

  • Ice
  • 1 medium cucumber
  • 1 lemon
  • Fresh mint/basil leaves
  • 2 Liters of water
Fill in the pitcher with water, lemon, slices of cucumber and basil leaves. Put the jug in the fridge for about an hour. Leave longer for a better taste.


APPLE AND CINNAMON DETOX WATER



This is one of the best drinks to clean your body system also your liver loves apples. Remember an apple a day, keeps the doctor away? 

Ingredients

  • A large pitcher
  • Apples
  • Cinnamon sticks (powdered works too, I used about one teaspoon)
  • Ice
  • Water
Slice the apples and toss in into the pitcher. Add a teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Cover it with ice and fill the pitcher with water. Allow it to set it in the fridge for 30 minutes for a better taste.









You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. Both detox sound good, I need to try them :)
    Would you like to follow each other in GFC and bloglovin? Let me know to follow you! xx
    www.travelera.es

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am working on my daily intake of water... And I love it when i do dancing exercise coz I find time to drinks lots of water.
    I never tried detox water before but I shall try this recipes of yours...
    Thanks!

    (◕‿◕✿) EmoteraGoddess.com | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bm dia
    Nossa!!!! muito obrigada pela dica, vou por ela em pratica agora e as fotos ficaram maravilhosas.
    Gostei muito de conhecer o seu blog.
    Eu estou achando que ele é muito estiloso, tem uma visualização muito bonita e é cheio de informação útil.
    Dé uma passadinha no meu blog, você vai adora ele tanto quanto eu adorei o seu.
    Se gostar, me siga. Mas se você não gosta.......
    ME SIGA mesmo assim!!! rsrsrs
    Desejo que você tenha uma ótima semana.
    Beijos!!!
    http://viciadasemlivros911.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard about the apple and cinnamon one ! I need to try it :) xx

    www.aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice recipes, thanks for sharing!)
    I'm following you on GFC now, hope you can follow back :)
    Have a nice day

    http://veronica-mangojuice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heeey Sweetheart!
    I am Brazilian and I was looking for foreign blogs then I found his own, which by the way is beautiful and certainly I'm already following you.
    It makes me a visit there on my blog, I'll love it!
    You are rolling a wonderful giveaway on my blog. We will participate?
    Sucess always!
    XOXO *--*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these recipes! xx
    alicelouisealk.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful post dear! Hope you have an awesome day.

    ** I'm inviting you to join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!

    xoxo;
    BEAUTYEDITER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are wonderful! I have recently started the lemon water thing, but now I am inspired to try apples, cucumbers, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i've been meaning to try something like this, thanks for sharing!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cucumber lemon water is one of my faves!!! So good! I'll have to try the other ones too :) Thanks for sharing!

    be the plebeian

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw thanks for sharing dear! Anyway ur picts are so great, what camera and lens do u use?:)
    Visit mine dear? Let me know if you visit me as I always follow back:)xx

    www.paramitadana,blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely fantastic! Today on the blog I am sharing "how I made $130+ in one day through Share a Sale's affiliate marketing. Hope you can read it! xx

    STYLEFORMANKIND.COM
    Facebook / Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  14. This detox water bottle is perfect for the gym, yoga, hiking, camping and travelling.www.thedetoxbottle.com/collections/all/products/double-walled-glass-water-bottle-with-strainer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!

Blog Visits

Like us on Facebook

©Red Velvet Closet. Powered by Blogger.