Maxi Layering

Monday, May 02, 2016

Maxi- Thrift// Overthrow- Only// Sunglasses- H&M//
Sliders- ASOS// Bag- Michael Kors// Necklace & earrings- Forever 21//


Maxi dresses are something I can wear all year round. It's the one thing I can rely on for every changing mood of mine. Have to go on a dinner date, throw in a sexy, black gown. Lunch with the girls, go for a printed tube and then there is the most tricky one. Visits every month and makes me cranky af! Well for that there's always that one super comfy and loose maxi dress. So yes, when in doubt, wear a maxi!

This particular outfit I wore for a movie's day out with family. Cinema hall is one place, no matter how badly it may be burning outside, but inside it's like Alaska. I'm very bad at dealing with cold temperatures and places, hence I always carry a shrug or a shawl with me. I wore my maxi with a cotton overthrow keeping in mind just this. Also it's a good way to keep yourself from getting tanned in this obnoxious Delhi heat. It added a bright touch to the blues and went perfectly well with my recently bought sunglasses, that I was so desperate to try!

I kept the essentials limited to black. I like to mostly wear flats for daytime events and these ASOS sliders are a favourite. They go with everything and are super comfortable. I layered my necklace with 3 similar looking necklaces and matched them with gold hoops. Since the overall outfit was pretty simple, accessorising it, completed the look. I put the wine coloured Inglot 412 lipstick, matching it to my cardigan. It is pretty dark in colour but if you want it to look like mine, apply it very gently and rub it down a little with your index finger for a rosy-magenta looking lipshade.



























  

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. so nice pics ;-)


    xoxo


    new post


    www.live-style20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Ombre Maxi, cleverly paired with Marsala. Way to go.

    xoxo- Chaicy
    Style.. A Pastiche!
    www.styleapastiche.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way of your style. Nice outfit.
    http://tipsoye.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!

Blog Visits

Like us on Facebook

©Red Velvet Closet. Powered by Blogger.